Dr. Christine Prchla
As your pediatrician:
- I am fascinated by the uniqueness and diversity of the children and families who put their trust in me
- I take my time in answering your questions, listening to your concerns and easing your anxieties
- I apply my experience in counseling and therapy to my practice
- Every day I am glad that I can work as a pediatrician
As I grew up as the daughter of a farm animal veterinarian in Waldviertel, I knew as a kid that I wanted to become a medical doctor.
To my person:
- After completing my studies in medicine in Vienna in 1986, I began my internship at Zwettl Hospital where I found my passion for pediatrics and laid the foundation for my pediatric education.
- In 1995, as a recent medical specialist graduate, I started a position at the newly opened children’s unit of the SMZ Ost
- At first as a medical specialist, later as the senior medical physician and chief deputy, I expanded my knowledge in all aspects of pediatric medicine including neonatology and pediatric intensive care, and gained extensive clinical experience.
- I completed additional certification in pediatric endocrinology and diabetology and oversaw the diabetes team of the children’s unit
- From the start of my certification I developed a vivid interest in psychosocial and psychosomatic medicine leading to further studies and the completion of a master’s degree in psychotherapeutic medicine at the Donau University of Krems in 2006. A highlight of this education was a personal meeting with one of the greatest researchers in the field of communication: Professor Paul Watzlawick, during a study trip in Palo Alto. The solution-orientated approach of systemic therapy with a focus on “that what works” has always been a source of inspiration for my life and my work.
- Since January of 2002 I’ve been a licensed private doctor
- Regular participation in continued education is a must when it comes to my work
I live with my husband in the outskirts of Vienna in a house with a garden. In my free time I like to be in nature or be with my friends and family. I read a lot and I enjoy travelling and I’ve been practicing yoga for a few years.
I look forward to many interesting meetings with you and your children.
- Mittwoch 14–18 Uhr
- und nach Vereinbarung
Oberärztin an der Kinderabteilung des Donauspitals
Leiterin der Diabetesambulanz für Kind und Jugendliche
ÖÄK Diplom für psychosomatische und psychotherapeutische Medizin